Breakfast Burritos are a very important part of life. And seeing as how I grew up in Tucson, and made it a point of trying every breakfast burrito I could get my hands on, I feel like it’s my duty to pass along all my learnings to you!
While I might not be a parent yet, I still feel ya on the whole back to school thing. Working as a private chef for 4 years left me feeling like I was in the thick of it with the kids when summer came to a close and school started. And if there’s one thing I learned, breakfast is absolutely the most important meal of the day!
My first private chef client was incredible for multiple reasons and one of them was that they had their own chicken coop in the back of their property. Eggs for DAYS!! I was always on the lookout to make new and fun recipes to use up this influx of eggs that would come my way… and breakfast burritos were frequently on the menu. They are quick, you can eat them on the go, and you can jazz them up with any number of ingredients. The most important ingredients if you ask me are: 1: perfect roasted potatoes 2: lots of crispy bacon 3: a few slices of avocado 4: cheese of any variety and 5: SALSA! Basically it’s everything we appreciate here at What’s Gaby Cooking Headquarters which makes this the perfect meal in my opinion!
- 4 strips uncooked bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 cup Roasted Potatoes
- 1 cup Chipotle Salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cook the bacon in a large cast iron skillet until done. Remove and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Put the butter or olive oil in a skillet and heat over medium high heat. Scramble the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, lay the 4 tortillas on a clean flat surface. Divide the cooked eggs equally on each tortilla, followed by the chopped bacon, roasted potatoes, equal amounts of shredded cheese, salsa, avocado and chopped cilantro.
- Fold and roll the burrito (example in the video) and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!