Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeños. Say that 10 times fast and then prepare to have your world rocked.
Listen, we go through this every summer but I am not prepared for outdoor cooking season to end. I couldn't love it more. The flavor from the smoker, grill, pizza oven etc. The fact that my kitchen isn't thrashed by EOD. You get the idea. Recently we made these Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeños on a smoker and holy hell they are delish.
The beauty of the smoker is that it kinda acts as an oven + the addition of flavor from the smoke. So the good news is, if you don't have a smoked, you could easily do this on the BBQ or in the oven and it will still be insanely good. And if you're a fan of a smoker, you're in luck!
Ok let's get to these Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Chorizo Stuffed Jalapeños shall we!? Imagine soft / slightly spice jalapeños stuffed to the brim with cheese and chorizo, wrapped with bacon and then cooked until the bacon is crispy. It's utter perfection. Smoky, Cheesy, Decadent GOODNESS! We also have a yummy jalapeño dip on WGC that's incredible if you're into this flavor combo!
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Cheesy Chorizo Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños
- 12 jalapeños
- 12 slices center cut bacon cut in half crosswise
- 24 toothpicks
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces soy or pork chorizo cooked and cooled
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Wash the jalapeños. Then dry them and slice in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and membrane with a spoon and discard.
- Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese and cooked chorizo. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into the jalapeños and place on an oven safe rack.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat a pellet grill according to manufacturer's directions to a temperature of 375°F. Alternatively, heat the oven or a regular grill to 375 degrees F.
- Place the rack directly on the grill grates and close the lid. Cook 45 minutes - 1 hour until desired crispness of bacon is achieved. Remove from the grill and let cool slightly, serve warm.