You guys all remember Christmas Crack right? Only the most addictive sweet/savory snack on the planet!! Well, it's back for the 4th of July and you won't want to miss it!
It’s a sweet and salty snack made with a combination of cherrios, rice chex, wheat chex, pretzel sticks, M&M’s and white chocolate. Imagine trail mix on crack – it’s EVERYTHING. My mom’s been making this mix for us for ages, especially during the holiday season because it’s just so gorgeous and festive. I prefer to make it ALL YEAR ROUND and change up the color of the M&M's depending on the season.
If it's Easter - throw in some pastels. If it's halloween - add some orange and black M&M's. If it's Thanksgiving, grab the thanksgiving colors M&M's. I like to make big batches of this and pack it up so I can give it out as gifts any time of the year! Also – FYI – it keeps super well in the freezer.
4th of July Mix
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cup Corn Chex
- 1 cups Pretzel Sticks
- 2-3 cups m&m’s
- 24 oz White Chocolate plus an extra 4-8 oz if needed
- In a large bowl combine the Cheerios, Chex, Pretzels and m&m’s. Mix them up a bit, making sure that everything is evenly distributed.
- Meanwhile, over a double boiler, melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Once the chocolate has melted and is a smooth consistency, drizzle the chocolate over the cereal mix and combine with a wooden spoon or hands. Make sure all the cereal is covered in chocolate. If you need to melt the extra white chocolate to cover all the mix then go right on ahead!
- Once the entire batch has been combined, lay it out to dry on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper. Let dry for 1 hour so the chocolate is cooled and hard. Break it up into medium pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
I wonder if you could use milk chocolate of instead?
This is such a crowd pleaser! I put in little baggies for a 4th get together and tied with blue and red ribbons. Also subbed out cheerio's for Angie's kettle popcorn and more pretzels, because it's what I had on had and I loved it. Thank you, Gaby!
That’s a Great idea!!!
Gaby I looked at your Christmas Crack recipe and realized that everything (minus the pretzels) are all 3 cups but this version has 2 cups for most. Should it be 2 or 3 cups? Thanks for the help!!
it's correct as printed! but you can add a bit more of any of your favs
This is the best 4th dessert snack EVER!!!!!! I could eat it all day long.
2 days, 6 stores, one patient husband and we FINALLY found the Red, White and Blue M&M's!!!! Bound and determined to make this for a 4th of July party with friends tomorrow!!! Thanks for sharing!
Where do you find large batches of white chocolate? We looked at the store and it was pricey just for 4-6 Oz.
I get the bags of Nestle from my local grocery story!
If you have a Traders Joe near you,they have them in their bin area, huge chunks of milk and dark too!
Love this! Christmas crack is my favorite!!