I’m not going to lie to you… I’m exceptionally excited about today’s recipe. White Chocolate Marshmallow S’more Chex Bars. Say that 10 times fast and then run to the market immediately and get ready to make these.
White Chocolate Marshmallow S’more Chex Bars are literally my ideal summertime snack. They combine all my favorite things in life. Cereal. Marshmallows. Chocolate. Salt. In case you hadn’t noticed, various Chex cereals have showed up before in 2 of the MOST popular recipes on WGC – here and here. They are the same recipe but for 2 different holidays. Duh.
Today it’s front and center in these Bars. So after you have a bowl for breakfast, use the rest of the box and make something new! Chex is more than just a box of cereal – and today it’s a fun summer dessert / snack / treat to bring camping! (although let’s be honest, I’m not a camper! Glamping… any day… but roughing it in the woods isn’t on brand). Chex is simple and delicious and these bars the epitome of that as well. Rice Chex and Cinnamon Chex mixed together with melted marshmallows and topped with chocolate chips… pure perfection. I can’t think of any person in the entire would who wouldn’t want some of these! Plus – it’s gluten free so if you’re cooking for a crowd, this is a crowd friendly dessert! It’ll get the party started in no time!
So have it! My reinvented way of making s’mores for all your summer snacking needs. Make them this week / weekend and invite me over! Or at least tag me on insta so I can live vicariously though you!!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 14 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces Rice Chex Cereal
- 5 ounces Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows (reserving a handful for
- the top) and white chocolate chips; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in both Chex cereals until well coated.
- Fold in the reserved un-melted marshmallows, before transferring into a pan. Using a buttered spatula, press firmly into a greased 13x9. pan. Melt semi-sweet chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted. Carefully drizzle bars with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with salt. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
** This post is brought to you by Chex Cereal (which is legit the worlds cereal and I’m willing to put it to a cereal taste test any day of the year!) All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!