If you’ve been reading What’s Gaby Cooking for the past few years, you know that I’m obsessed with giving homemade gifts. And these Christmas M&M cookies are top of the list this year.
As someone who loves to bake, spread the love, and eat my fair share of cookies… this is my time to shine. I mean, what says Happy Holidays more than a giant plate of cookies? This time of year the What’s Gaby Cooking kitchen is fully stocked. I have all the ingredients on hand at all times so I can make a batch of cookies at a moments notice!
These Christmas M&M cookies have been a long-standing Dalkin family tradition for years. As kids we’d BEG my parents for those giant cookies at the mall – do you guys remember those? Ugh, they were so good!! And these are them – but better because they are made with love and in small batches ☺ So next time you’re at the market, grab an extra bag of M&M’s and get to work whipping up a batch of Christmas M&M cookies. And then send some to me because I LOVE THEM!!
Christmas M&M Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (measured by scooping the flour and leveling with knife)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups Christmas Colored M&M’s
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in half of the M&M’s.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the ball of dough around in the remaining M&M's, making sure the M&M's stick into the dough, and place the cookie on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place 12 cookies on a baking sheet.
- For cookies that are soft in the middle (that’s how I like them) bake for 10-12 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges. If you want them crisp, bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before transferring them off the baking sheet and onto a cooling rack.