If you gave me the option to have the most perfect constructed croissant (or another french pastry that takes a decent of time to make, or a cookie… I’d pick the cookie. Predictable right? Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are on the menu today and these are EVERYTHING.
Perfectly soft and chewy on the inside, and slightly crisp on the outside… ugh. Dead. It’s the best thing in the world when you get a perfect cookie and I know you guys will love these. The coconut and the chocolate are a match made in heaven and the recipe couldn’t be easier.
BUT… Trust me… don’t skip the refrigeration step. Cookie dough is BEST when you stick it in the fridge for a few hours before baking. TRUST. It lets the flavors really develop and come together and cookie dough bakes best when it’s chilled. So if you follow the recipe to a T, you’ll soon have a few favorite cookie recipe with super easy to find ingredients. In fact, I’d go so far as to guess that you have all of these things in the pantry right this very moment! So what are you waiting for? Hop to it and happy weekend.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a stand mixer until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut by hand.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons worth of dough and roll the dough into a ball. Place the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 12 per sheet, and bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are just slightly golden brown and the center is still a bit soft.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies rest for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Repeat this process for the remaining dough.