Thai Chicken Coconut Curry!! Get hungry guys, you’re going to be obsessed.
Today it’s all about Thai Chicken Coconut Curry because Thomas has been traveling for work and I’ve become obsessed with cooking something once or twice a week and then eating it for leftovers all week long. Cat lady single lady status is in full effect. And this Thai Chicken Coconut Curry is PERFECT for that.
I serve it up over a bed of rice or quinoa (which I also make in bulk) and some limes because that really just amps up the flavor! Make it! You won’t be disappointed.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Lime juice to taste
- Green Onions to garnish
- Cilantro to garnish
- White Rice for serving
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat with the coconut oil.
- Add the onion and sauté until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds more.
- Add the chicken and curry powder and sauté until the chicken starts to turn golden brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken stock, coconut milk, tomato paste and salt and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer to continue cooking until the chicken is fully cooked and the liquid thickens up.
- Taste, adjust seasoning as needed, add lime juice to season and serve over rice with cilantro and green onions and extra lime wedges.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!