The most perfectly moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones are coming to your kitchen!
I live for a scone. I've been obsessed ever since my first trip to England 20+ years ago when my mom, dad, sister and I would eat them for breakfast and afternoon tea. These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones are the perfect treat when that afternoon sweet tooth hits, or the perfect way to kick off a leisurely fall themed brunch.
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones couldn't be easier too. Everything is prepped in 1 bowl, cut into wedges and then baked. You can prep them ahead and wait to bake until right before you're ready to serve. You can also make these well ahead of time and store them in the freezer. Just pop them in a toaster oven or microwave to re-heat for a bit before serving.
One quick note - below in the recipe you'll see I call for grated butter and you're probably thinking... "Grated Butter." Yes, break out that box grater and make sure you have SUPER cold butter and grate it into the mixture. That way there will be little bits of butter scattered throughout the entire dough. It's easier and actually faster than cutting the butter into small cubes. Okay!! Let's go!
Need even more pumpkin inspiration to get you through these fall months – I have you 10000% covered:
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Spiced Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Layer Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Meringue
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons, white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, grated
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Mix together with a fork.
- Add the butter into the flour mixture and using a pastry cutter, or a fork, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the butter is slightly broken down.
- Add the pumpkin, heavy cream and egg to the dry mixture and combine together with a fork. When it's almost completely incorporated, add the ⅔ cups of chocolate chips and combine.
- Pat the dough into an 8 inch circle and cut into wedges. Place the wedges of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 45 minutes before baking.
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove and let cool before serving.