Major things are happening today. And it all revolves around Nachos. That’s right… Nacho Bars and Nacho Parties. Bring it on!
I’ve been in NYC for the last week and while everyone here is still buzzing about Fashion Week and talking about upcoming trends and all that jazz… I’m 100% convinced that Nacho Bars are absolutely the trend for Fall 2014. Let’s do our best to make that happen! Can we make an effort to see that through? My stomach would greatly appreciate that!
You see, it’s all about a little make your own nacho bar. There are multiple essentials when it comes time for such an epic occasion….
Homemade Tortilla Chips, shredded cheese, cheese sauce, black beans, pickled jalapeños, green onions, pico, more shredded cheese, carnitas, guacamole, limes… the works! It all needs to laid out, arranged in cute little bowls and then turned into nachos!!
And then here’s the deal… once all of your toppings/ingredients are prepped and ready to go, you and your guests can each make your own nacho creation. If you’re hanging with me, I can promise you that my cheese to chip ratio will be 1 to 1. Very important! And then topped with carnitas, more cheese sauce, plenty of salsa, green onions and guacamole. Because it’s not nachos without guacamole.
- 1 recipe Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Colby jack cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 recipe of Nacho Cheese Sauce (recipe below)
- Black Beans
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Green Onions
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 recipe Guacamole
- 1 recipe Carnitas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 pound shredded cheddar or pepperjack cheese,, about 2 1/2 cups
- In a medium sauce pot, melt the butter and add the flour and whisk to combine. Cook the flour for 2 minutes and then whisk in milk. When the milk comes to a rolling boil, stir in the shredded cheese and stir to combine. Once smooth, remove the cheese sauce from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a layer of chips on a tin foil sheet. Layer with shredded cheese, cheese sauce and various toppings and transfer to the oven to let the cheese melt.
- Once melted, carefully remove the nachos from the oven and top with any remaining ingredients like guacamole and pico de gallo. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!