You see, I had the best of intentions to do a little veggie cleanse starting yesterday. But then I had a mega craving for gnocchi and it all went out the window. So I'm starting fresh today and piling my plate high with healthy things like vegetables, salads, fruits and this green goddess dressing!
Now I know what you might be thinking! Isn't Green Goddess Dressing usually loaded with mayo and sour cream? Not here. Not mine. I can't get behind having all that in a salad dressing or dip. I need a little something that's light, fresh and packed with flavor... which is exactly what this one delivers!
It's another perfect condiment to have on hand for a dip, a sauce on grilled meats, chicken or fish, or a perfect dressing to throw into just about any salad you choose!
Green Goddess Dressing (Vegan)
- 2 scallions roughly chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 to 5 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 4 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 clove garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked to taste
- Combine everything in a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add a few extra tablespoons of water if you need to smooth it out.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking
Was out of avocado so subbed a couple tablespoons of Tahinni, turned out great!
This was wonderful! Our family has recently switched to a plant based diet and this creamy dressing was such a delight. I left out the onions and used slightly less basil. Just lovely over a quinoa bowl with roasted cauliflower and broccoli. Thank you, Gaby! Will be using this in our weekly meal rotation.
Used this as a dip for raw veggies tonight to go with dinner and it was a hit. My son doesn't eat lactose and I am vegetarian, so this is something that we can both enjoy. Thanks for a great recipe!
Are you able to freeze this dressing to keep it longer? Or will it keep in the fridge awhile?
It will keep about 5 days in the fridge!! I haven't tried freezing it but I think it would totally work
Gaby, this is a great recipe! Pinned