We’ve done Migas and Breakfast Tacos before along with my all time fav Breakfast Burritos so today feels like the right time to get these super easy Loaded Chilaquiles in the mix!
Chilaquiles are a staple in Mexican and Tex Mex / Southwestern cooking. You’ll see them on pretty much every menu across the southwestern part of the states and recently I’ve been dreaming about them because they are that good. At their core they are basically quartered tortillas that are lightly fried and then doused with a red or green sauce so the chips become a little bit soft.
I top these Loaded Chilaquiles with ALL THE TOPPINGS like queso, cilantro, lime juice, radishes, fried eggs, avocados, and more. It can come together quickly, feeds the whole family and will make you feel like you’re on a road trip through the southwest!
Nothing complicated! Just a formula for how to make an epic breakfast with tortilla chips, fried eggs and AVOCADO! Loaded Chilaquiles for everyone!
Couple things to keep in mind:
- you can use red enchilada sauce, green enchilada sauce or any salsa that you love!
- if you don’t want to make your own tortilla chips, my favorite brand is Juanitas
- If you’re not into fried eggs, that’s cool. Poached or scrambled eggs work on this too!
- Get creative with your toppings! I’ve been known to add shredded pepper jack cheese and turn these into Chilaquiles Nachos!!
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (red or green works or a salsa verde)
- 4-5 cups homemade tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese (or feta)
- sliced radishes
- sliced avocados
- fried or poached eggs
- lime wedges
- chopped cilantro
- chopped green onions
- Make the tortilla chips according to the directions
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the enchilada sauce until warmed through
- Add the tortilla chips into the skillet and toss with the sauce until lightly coated. Once lightly doused with the sauce, remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the chilaquiles with crumbled cheese, radish and cilantro leaves, avocado, eggs and a wedge of lime