It’s not the holiday season without some decadent breakfast, am I right? How about this Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding with a homemade Caramel Sauce drizzle for your Christmas morning breakfast?
I’m partial to a breakfast that could also double as a dessert – and this bread pudding is the perfect example of such a thing! So is this pull apart bread 🙂 Soft brioche bread that’s baked into a bread pudding with chocolate chips and the drizzled with a bit of caramel sauce! How could you go wrong with that? It’s perfection and I can guarantee that it will be a very welcome addition to your holiay agenda!
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- 1 1- pound loaf brioche bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Caramel Sauce Recipe:
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 13x9 -inch baking dish. Place bread in large bowl; pour 8 tablespoons melted butter over bread and toss to coat. Add chocolate chips and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to the prepared dish.
- Whisk half and half, 1 cup sugar, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and salt in large bowl to blend. Pour over bread cubes in dish. Let stand 30 minutes, occasionally pressing bread cubes into liquid. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter over pudding; sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake bread pudding until golden brown, and set in center, about 1 hour. Serve warm with Caramel Sauce.
To make the caramel sauce:
- Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold and use as needed.