A healthy and delicious breakfast that's ready in almost no time and can be prepped ahead? Meet your new bff... Petite Vegetable Frittatas! Press play to see how easy these are!
Back in the day I wasn't really a breakfast person. Well, unless it came in the form of a jumbo double chocolate chip muffin from Costco!! Do you guys remember those? They still exist and it's basically just chocolate cake in muffin form. They were best when heated up for 25 seconds so the chocolate chips just barely start to melt. Oh man, I can literally taste them just writing this. I'm just going to forget about the fact that they were about 2 billion calories each. Times have since changed and now I'm all about a healthy breakfast to kick off the day like these Petite Vegetable Frittatas!
Thomas and I go through these like whoa! I make them every few days and we just re-heat them every morning in a toaster oven. I've been known to dunk them in salsa, add a dollop of guacamole, or go back to my childhood ways and add a squirt of ketchup! They're perfect because the last thing I want to do in the morning is make a mess of my clean kitchen! You can make them with any vegetables you have laying around your kitchen, add a touch of cheese and some fresh herbs and you have yourself a perfect breakfast! But wait! If you're looking for another variation of this recipe, check out my easy and delicious Zucchini Feta Frittatas. Trust me!
Petite Vegetable Frittatas
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs beaten together
- 2 tablespoon chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large 10 inch skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté the diced zucchini, onion and red and yellow bell peppers for about 5 minutes until they are slightly soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a regular sized muffin pan with a non-stick spray.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the bottom of a regular sized muffin pan.
- In another bowl, whisk together 8 eggs and season with salt and pepper and add the chopped chives and parmesan. Fill the remaining area in the muffin tin with the egg, gently stirring the ingredients together. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the eggs are completely set.