Breakfast stratas are the way to my heart! Simple to put together but so delish. This Mixed Berry Strata, served with freshly whipped cream, will leave you weak in the knees!
If you’ve never heard of a strata before, today is the DAY. It’s pretty much a breakfast casserole that consists of bread, eggs and cheese. What more could you ask for?
I like to take a base recipe and jazz it up with whatever I have on hand. You could go sweet or savory – either way is equally as delish! For brunch, I tend to serve both as options so you can taste test your way through the meal. That’s the right thing to do, wouldn’t you agree! This Mixed Berry Strata is loaded with fresh fruit and topped with freshly whipped cream and that’s all you really need in life!
For the full winter brunch menu, check out the menu here!
Mixed Berry Strata
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup milk any kind of milk will work
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 lb. loaf sweet batard bread cut into 1-inch squares and toasted (about 5 cups)
- 10- ounce fresh mixed berries blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, blackberry
- Whipped cream for serving
- Melt the butter in a small pot over low heat. Turn off the heat, add the honey, and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, ricotta, and brown sugar. Using a fork, mix to combine and beat the eggs. Add the milk, orange juice, butter and honey mixture, and bread and stir to combine. Fold in the berries.
- Place the ingredients in a 2-quart baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the strata until golden on top and baked through, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Spoon into dishes and serve with whipped cream if desired.