Fall is rolling in and that means Huevos Rancheros. Don't ask me where I come up with my logic, but it makes sense. Huevos Rancheros are a great way to enjoy a leisurely breakfast with friends and family. Plus this recipe is perfection AND it's the best salsa in the world!
If you’ve got 30 minutes, then Huevos Rancheros might just be your new most favorite way to start the day. Freshly fried tortillas topped with my famous chipotle salsa, a perfect fried egg, some creamy avocado, and queso fresco to boot? Yes, please! I’ll take seconds, and thirds. These are my go-to when I've got a bit of time and a lazy morning to enjoy!
- 1 jar Gaby's Chipotle Salsa
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 14- ounce can of warm refried beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Hass avocado
- ½ cup grated queso fresco
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the corn tortillas, 2 at a time, and fry for 60 to 90 seconds on each side until golden brown and crisp. Remove the tortillas from the oil and transfer to a paper–towel lined plate to dry. Repeat this process for the remaining tortillas.
- Smear ¼ cup of the warmed refried beans onto each tortilla and add ¼ cup of the Gaby's Chipotle Salsa.
- Once the tortillas have been fried, drain the oil from the skillet and put the butter into the skillet to melt. Carefully crack 3 eggs in the skillet, evenly spaced so they have room to cook, and cook until the egg white is solid, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the fried eggs from the skillet and lay each one onto a tortilla. Repeat this process for the remaining 3 eggs.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado on a cutting board. Cut 6 thin slices from each half of the avocado and transfer 2 slices on top of each fried egg.
- Sprinkle the queso fresco on top and season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe from my cookbook - Absolutely Avocados!