Fall is rolling in and that means Huevos Rancheros. Don’t ask me where I come up with my logic, but it makes sense. Huevos Rancheros are a great way to enjoy a leisurely breakfast with friends and family. Plus this recipe is perfection AND it’s the best salsa in the world!
If you’ve got 30 minutes, then Huevos Rancheros might just be your new most favorite way to start the day. Freshly fried tortillas topped with my famous chipotle salsa, a perfect fried egg, some creamy avocado, and queso fresco to boot? Yes, please! I’ll take seconds, and thirds. These are my go-to when I’ve got a bit of time and a lazy morning to enjoy!
- 1 jar Gaby's Chipotle Salsa
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 14- ounce can of warm refried beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/2 cup grated queso fresco
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the corn tortillas, 2 at a time, and fry for 60 to 90 seconds on each side until golden brown and crisp. Remove the tortillas from the oil and transfer to a paper–towel lined plate to dry. Repeat this process for the remaining tortillas.
- Smear 1/4 cup of the warmed refried beans onto each tortilla and add 1/4 cup of the Gaby's Chipotle Salsa.
- Once the tortillas have been fried, drain the oil from the skillet and put the butter into the skillet to melt. Carefully crack 3 eggs in the skillet, evenly spaced so they have room to cook, and cook until the egg white is solid, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the fried eggs from the skillet and lay each one onto a tortilla. Repeat this process for the remaining 3 eggs.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado on a cutting board. Cut 6 thin slices from each half of the avocado and transfer 2 slices on top of each fried egg.
- Sprinkle the queso fresco on top and season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe from my cookbook – Absolutely Avocados!
Oooh that looks delicious! Wish I had a plate of that for lunch today. 🙂 Love the pictures, they’re making me hungry right now!
This is my mother’s favorite breakfast of all time. I can’t wait to make this for her!
This looks like a breakfast worth getting out of bed for! Pinned 🙂
My mouth is watering! This looks SO fabulous.
This looks perfect! Good summer eats! We will be trying this recipe.
Your logic is just fine; I’m open to huevos rancheros anytime! Such a perfect summer meal!
These look great, a perfect weekend breakfast!
I love a solid huevos rancheros!! Awesome recipe!
Yummo!! These look so good. Huevos rancheros always reminds of an Everybody Loves Raymond episode where his dad put salsa with everything. Thanks for the reminder!!
Breakfast or any time of the day, as far as I am concerned!!!!
Huevos Rancheros are always a good idea. Always.
Ah yes!!! I get that logic, total summer vaca breakfast!! One of my favorites.
Yum yum the best!! You don’t need an excuse for fried tortillas, runny eggs, avocados and CHEESE!
Huevos rancheros is one of my all-time favorite breakfasts! This looks absolutely fantastic! P.S. Making your avocado caesar tonight for a little dinner party we’re having… it’s soooo good!
Wow do those look delicious! Perfect for a Mexican night 🙂
Happy Valley Chow
I would love to start every day with these! Huevos rancheros is one of those breakfasts that gets your day going great every time 🙂
What a great breakfast, Gaby! Delicious and absolutely ah-MAZING 🙂
Perfection, Gaby! Absolutely LOVE these and yours look delicious!!!
Huevos Rancheros are always the right answer! Those look and sound delicious! Have a fabulous day, love!
A morning with this breakfast means a good day.
If Huevos is on the menu, I order it! Need to pick up your salsas and whip this baby up!!!
I think this meal is great for any season! Bring it on!
Ooh, I love Huevos Rancheros and I bet it’s so good with your chipotle salsa – yum!!
I still need to try your salsa! I haven’t seen it at our WS yet! Looks amazing!
We make these every time family is in town! Love
Your version. Saving to try with your salsa.
Yum! That salsa sounds delicious.
YUM YUM YUM!!! I could eat them all!!
Best brunch food ever!