What could be better than Vanilla Bean French Toast to kick off your weekend?
If you’re a professional bruncher like myself, you know French Toast is an integral part of the event. It’s that perfect mix between sweet and salty and depending on your toppings you can make it even more decadent! Bacon – heck yes!! While French Toast is the perfect breakfast treat – it gets even sweeter when you make it as part of this crazy fun French Toast Bar
Vanilla Bean French Toast
- 1 loaf bread cut into slices 3/4 inch thick (Brioche or French)
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Unsalted butter for cooking
- In a shallow baking dish, arrange the bread slices in a single layer. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar and whisk until blended. Pour the mixture over the bread and let stand for 2-3 minutes so the bread can absorb the liquid. Turn the slices over and let the bread absorb the remaining liquid, 2-3 minutes more.
- Preheat a large skillet and coat generously with butter. When the skillet is hot, cook the bread in batches (do not overcrowd) until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking
This looks great. I hope to try this weekend. Thanks for sharing this:)
This recipe will forever be my French toast go to. Absolutely amazing! I used challah bread and there are no words!