Mothers Day is TOMORROW and you know what that means…. Thomas better be hooking it up with Fluffy Raspberry Chocolate Pancakes for some breakfast in bed and some presents!!
It’s my first mothers day this year (as I’m sure you’re all aware) and I think these Fluffy Raspberry Chocolate Pancakes are the perfect way to celebrate! A little chocolate, a little pancake, a little fruit and we’ve got a well-rounded breakfast. It’s spring time finally (which really doesnt change much here in the WGC world since we’re always down for fresh farmers market fruit and veg inspired recipes) so I’m taking some inspiration from my most recent trips to the farmers market and loading up these deliciously moist pancakes with fresh raspberries! I’ve been buying a few pints at a time and for some reason I only make it home with a full pint. I CANNOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHERE THE REST OF THEM GO! But it’s safe to say there are a few empty pint containers flung in the back of my car!
Okay so what else makes these deliciously moist fluffy pancakes: Stonyfield Organic Greek, duh. Plenty of dark chocolate, a must!! And some buttermilk to give it just an extra oomph!
If you missed my frequent love letters to Stonyfield, you’re missing out. They are so farmer forward and incredibly dedicated to getting as many organic options to the market as possible. Not to mention their sustainability and organic farming practices. Side note; if you still haven’t watched Kiss the Ground on Netflix, you should! It’ll open your eyes to the sustainable farming world and how important it is!! I’m thrilled to be working with a company that is working towards helping make the earth a little healthier! Couldn’t love them anymore! So all that said, grab yourself a container of Stonyfield Organic Greek and get after these pancakes!
Fluffy Raspberry Chocolate Pancakes
- 1 ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup Stonyfield Organic Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- butter as needed
- maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, Stonyfield Organic Greek, vanilla, eggs and melted butter, stir to combine
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg and whisk to combine
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of flour and whisk until a semi-lumpy batter forms, don’t over whisk. Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add a teaspoon or two of butter to melt and then quickly wipe out with a paper towel.
- Use a ¼ cup measurer to pour the batter into the lightly greased pan, and sprinkle with a few raspberries and chocolate chips. With a small spoon cover raspberries and chocolate chunks with a little extra batter, this prevents burning when flipping. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges start to bubble. Flip pancake and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the skillet. Pancakes can be kept warm in a low oven, on a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack, at 225 degrees F until ready to serve. Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
- Serve with warm maple syrup!
** This post is brought to you by Stonyfield. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**