Citrus Farmers Market Salad
This Market Salad is loaded with all of the farmers market produce and drizzled with a really simple lemon shallot vinaigrette. It’s the perfect compliment for your brunching activities!
Servings: 4 -6 people
- 3-4 heads farmers market lettuce
- 1 bunch fresh chives snipped
- 2 sliced avocados
- 2 oranges supremed
- 2 cara cara oranges supremed
- 1 pink grapefruit cut into supreme
- 1 yellow grapefruit cut into supreme
- 2 blood oranges cut into supreme
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Carefully trim the butter lettuce leaves off the head. Rinse well and dry.
Toss the full leaves, avocado and snipped chives with the lemon shallot vinaigrette and serve on a large platter. Tuck the citrus segments into the salad and serve.