Continuing on our Spring Brunch extravaganza today with this Citrus Farmers Market Salad with literally ALL THE CITRUS!
We’re at the end of citrus season and while I’m so excited for all the spring produce to kick it into high gear, I’m also super bummed citrus won’t be available like it has been recently. I’ve been stocking up on satsumas, grapefruits, tangerines, blood oranges, you name it, like it’s my job. I can’t get enough! This Market Salad is loaded with everything from the Santa Monica farmers market and drizzled with a really simple lemon shallot vinaigrette to bring the citrus theme full circle. It’s the perfect compliment for your brunching activities this weekend and it pairs PERFECTLY with any one of the tarts I posted yesterday! Have at it! xx
Citrus Farmers Market Salad
- 3-4 heads farmers market lettuce
- 1 bunch fresh chives snipped
- 2 sliced avocados
- 2 oranges supremed
- 2 cara cara oranges supremed
- 1 pink grapefruit cut into supreme
- 1 yellow grapefruit cut into supreme
- 2 blood oranges cut into supreme
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Carefully trim the butter lettuce leaves off the head. Rinse well and dry.
- Toss the full leaves, avocado and snipped chives with the lemon shallot vinaigrette and serve on a large platter. Tuck the citrus segments into the salad and serve.