Keeping things on the healthier side today with this colorful and flavorful Chopped Thai Salad.
Let’s take a quick poll – just leave your answer in the comments – do we want more healthy recipes on the blog this time of year?? I feel like fall recipes are so often really decadent which I am 1000% okay with, but also I love a good healthy fall meal too. Thoughts? Leave them below.
Today we’re for sure on the healthy train because I ate like a jerk over the weekend. SO many cookies, cocktails, burgers, steaks, fries… the works. And today I need a re-set. This Chopped Thai Salad is LOADED with everything you need to keep things light and bright. Tons of veggies and a really light vinaigrette that you’ll love. You could add some roasted salmon or chicken or steak if you want extra protein too. But brace yourselves, because you’ll want 4 servings of this it’s THAT good!! Have at it! xo
Chopped Thai Salad
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 lime zested and juice
For the Salad
- 8 ounces frozen shelled edamame
- 5-6 cups baby kale shredded
- 3 large carrots shredded
- 2 bell peppers 1 red, 1 yellow, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup cashews roughly chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 mango diced
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the edamame according to the package directions. Drain and allow it to cool. Meanwhile, combine the kale, carrots, peppers, cilantro leaves, and green onions.
- Add the cooked edamame, cashews, avocado and mango to the bowl with all the ingredients. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.