GIMME ALL THE CARBS! Thai Chicken Pizza has been making an appearance at our weekly pizza night for the past few weeks and I can’t get enough!
Our weekly pizza nights have been going strong for years. It’s one of those traditions I’ll never be able to give up because it means I barely have to think about dinner and I get to stuff my face full of cheesy carbs. I know what’s on the menu and it’s really all about choosing whatever toppings are either already in my fridge, or easy to grab at the store. This Thai Chicken Pizza has been on repeat for a few weeks as I always seem to have some leftover rotisserie chicken in the fridge and I’m obsessed with peanut sauce. It’s not too sweet and perfectly acidic with all the lime juice. It gets slathered on the actual pizza and then I like to dunk my slices of pizza into even more sauce. Clearly my obsession is going strong as it has been since I was in college and I’d eat this type of pizza from CPK on a weekly basis. #sorrynotsorry.
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Diced Cooked Chicken
- 1-2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Green Onions
- Shredded Carrots
- Fresh Cilantro
- White Bean Sprouts
- With motor running, drop ginger and garlic clove into a blender and blend until finely chopped. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and 1/3 cup water and blend, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if needed to thin, until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 450
- Press the pizza dough into the shape of a medium sized sheet pan.
- Spread the peanut sauce on top, followed by the shredded cheese and the diced chicken.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with the green onions, shredded carrots, cilantro, bean sprouts and salt and pepper as needed serve. Squeeze lime on top.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!