GIMME ALL THE CARBS! Thai Chicken Pizza has been making an appearance at our weekly pizza night for the past few months and I can't get enough!
Our weekly pizza nights have been going strong for years. It's one of those traditions I'll never be able to give up because it means I barely have to think about dinner and I get to stuff my face full of cheesy carbs. I know what's on the menu and it's really all about assessing whatever ingredients are already in my fridge. Or whatever is easy to grab at the store. This Thai Chicken Pizza has been on repeat for a while now! Probably because I always seem to have some leftover rotisserie chicken in the fridge AND, I'm obsessed with peanut sauce.
The sauce is not too sweet and perfectly acidic with all the lime juice. It gets slathered on the actual pizza as the base. And if you're feeling extra, I like to dunk my slices of pizza into even more sauce. Clearly my obsession is going strong as it has been since I was in college and I'd eat this type of pizza from CPK on a weekly basis. #sorrynotsorry.
Thai Chicken Pizza
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1 1- inch piece ginger peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- ¼ -½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
For the Pizza
- 1 lb Pizza Dough
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie Chicken
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
For the Topping
- Green Onions
- Shredded Carrots
- Fresh Cilantro
- White Bean Sprouts
For the Sauce
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and ⅓ cup water and blend, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if needed to thin, until smooth.
For the pizza
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Press the pizza dough into the shape of a medium sized sheet pan.
- Spread ½ cup the peanut sauce on top, followed by the shredded cheese and the diced chicken.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with TONS of the green onions, shredded carrots, cilantro, bean sprouts and salt and pepper as needed serve. Squeeze plenty of lime juice on top.