Are you looking for an easy weeknight meal your whole family will love? Look no further than this delicious sausage and leek pasta – full of fresh flavors, nutritious ingredients, and ready in just 30 minutes. This comforting dish is the perfect balance between hearty comfort food and light summer fare, making it a great option to serve any time of year. With just a few simple ingredients like sausage, leeks, garlic, butter and seasonings, you can create a scrumptious dinner that is sure to be one of your new favorites!
I've been living off this Sausage and Leek Orecchiette recently and I can't get enough!
Table of Contents
It's loaded with kale, tons of leeks which are literally my currently favorite vegetable, a bit of savory sausage, cheese, red pepper flakes, and more! I used my favorite little Orecchiette pasta because they look like little ears, but feel free to use whatever kind of pasta you prefer!
Orecchiette, or “little ears” in Italian, is a type of pasta that is well known for its small ear-like shape. This particular dish combines the classic flavors of sausage and leek to create a delicious comfort meal that is perfect for any time of year. If you are looking for a new recipe to try the next time you are craving something comforting and filling, look no further than this Sausage and Leek Orecchiette.
Tips and Tricks to cooking pasta
- Start with good quality pasta.
- Make sure your water is boiling before adding the pasta.
- Don't forget to add salt to the water.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and add your sauce of choice.
Other dishes similar to this Orecchiette pasta:
- Basil Vinaigrette Pasta
- Ricotta and Sausage Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Summer Lobster Pasta
- Calabrian Chili Pasta
- Brown Butter Chicken Pasta
- Sausage Kale and Bean Pasta
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Sausage and Leek Orecchiette
- 1 pound sweet Italian chicken sausage casings removed
- 4 leeks white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise, rinsed and sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, finely shredded (optional)
- ⅔ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan finely shredded
- 1 cup Asiago finely shredded
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- In a large skillet, sauté the sausages over medium-high, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add chopped leeks (and kale if you're using) to sausage in skillet and cook until softened, about 5 more minutes.
- Add wine and cook, stirring frequently and scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan, until mostly evaporated. Stir in butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- Drain pasta, return to pot, add sausage mixture, and toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as needed to thicken sauce. Toss in the shredded Parmesan and Asiago. Adjust salt and pepper as needed and serve.