Monday is coming in hot with a Burrata Pepperoni Pizza Pie that belongs in all of our kitchens immediately!
I’m back on the weekly pizza night train and there’s no end in sight for the foreseeable future. I keep homemade pizza dough in my freezer for any night when pizza seems like the answer. Which, to be totally honest, feels like every night. Just pop the frozen dough on the counter mid-day and then by dinner time it will be at room temp and ready to go. Also… that’s my NUMBER ONE tip for making pizza. The dough has to be at room temp. It can’t be the least bit cold otherwise it seizes up and won’t roll out properly.
On my never ending quest to make the best pizzas in the world, we’re topping this one with really delish pepperoni that I snagged from a local Italian deli, fresh burrata cheese, thinly sliced jalapeños and a sprinkle of arugula. It’s creamy and spicy and perfect and I can’t get enough. My husband and I have extra high spice tolerance, so if you’re anti spice, just tone down the jalapeños or ditch the red pepper flakes. You’ll be obsessed any way you slice this!
Burrata Pepperoni Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough divided
- 1 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups fresh burrata cheese torn
- 10-12 slices of pepperoni
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup wild arugula
- super thinly sliced rounds of jalapeño
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough into 2 thin pizza sounds. Transfer each pizza to an oiled baking sheet, and divide the pizza sauce on top and spread, leaving about an inch for the crust. Bake each pizza for 8 minutes and remove. Top with the fresh burrata and pepperoni and transfer back into the oven to bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Arrange the arugula on top and slice and serve.
- Serve immediately.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
Ah burrata has my heart. This looks amazing. Would certainly take the Monday blues away.
I could cry this looks so good! Yuuuummmmm
Looks amazing! That burrata!! So good!
You have made me a burrata fan!! I was just thinking pizza might be nice tonight, and this just sealed the deal!!
Um………YES!!!!! This pizza looks incredible! I so want to be eating it right now!
Totally incredible! I may just have to make this for dinner tonight!
Looks like I know what I’m making for pizza night!!!
I want this for lunch with a fried egg on it!
After seeing so many of your yummy recipes using Burrata, I finally bought some and am making this recipe this week! Do you have your own recipe for pizza sauce?
Thank you for such wonderful recipes!
not a red sauce – but I use a lot of other sauces on my pizzas that are all printed / linked within my recipes