If it was up to Thomas we’d be eating Hawaiian Pizza morning, noon and night on a regular basis.
He’s obsessed to say the least, well we both are, but he takes it to an extreme. Traditional Hawaiian pizza is made with ham BUT because I’m fancy, I like to use a little bit of crispy Butterball Turkey Bacon. It’s just my way of making things a little bit more fab and it adds this extra smokiness to the pizza that you can’t get from ham. So when you combine the smoky bacon, the sweet pineapple, the gooey mozzarella and some sliced jalapeños for some spice it adds up to the perfect pizza!
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- 2 large balls of fresh mozzarella torn
- 10 pieces Butterball Turkey Bacon
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- Sliced jalapeños
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces and top each pizza with equal amounts of the mozzarella, cooked turkey bacon, pineapple and jalapeños. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed, slice and serve.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking
Love the jalapenos on thisHawaiian pizza!
Ooh we are a family divided when it comes to pineapple on pizza. I know that we would all try this Hawaiian pizza because it looks so darn delicious. I like the idea of Turkey bacon too. Sammie http://www.feastingisfun.com
Mmmmmm. This seems to have a wonderful combination of flavors! Must try some of that turkey bacon on my next pizza !
oh yum! Pete would eat it that often too!
I’m not a fan of Hawaiian but Jason totally is!! And honestly, you could talk me into having a slice or two with that awesome bacon on top!!!
Please show us how to make hummus. Thanks.
What a beautiful pizza!! Now I want some for breakfast 🙂
Hawaiian pizza is my jam. Seriously favorite of all time. Love the use of turkey bacon too in this one. Sometimes we use a bbq pizza sauce for our hawaiian pizzas and it is majorly addicting!
This is one gorgeous pizza! Yum!
The jalapeños were the game changer! 😉