So if you’ve never met me in real life, or you don’t check instagram like its your job, you probably won’t know that I’m obsessed with cats.
I’m totally that cat lady. And it can’t be stopped. My cat, Stella, is a bit of a diva. But that means nothing because I love her to the end of the world and back. A few months back, my friends over at Better Homes and Gardens asked if I wanted to work on an awesome new campaign with all the fabulous people over at Rachael Ray Nutrish and create a dinner for two menu inspired by their new line. Basically if it involves cats, I’m in.
First up on this dinner for two menu is a Pan Seared Salmon with an Herb Pesto Vinaigrette. I’m not really sure how to tell you this, but it’s basically the best thing you’re ever going to eat. I’m obsessed with Salmon (obviously Stella is too) and I can only make it when she’s sleeping otherwise she’ll be all up in the kitchen in 2 seconds flat. Add on my all time favorite Herb Pesto Vinaigrette and it’s basically a quintessential summer dish that’s going to rock your world!
And if you haven’t taken a look at the May issue of BHG, I’d highly suggest taking a peek at page (page 70).
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- 4 8-ounce skin-on salmon filets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups of rice, cooked
- Make the basil vinaigrette and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium- high heat.
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper on both sides, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Transfer the salmon filets to the hot skillet, skin side down. Cook the filets for 4-5 minutes on each side, until just lightly pink in the center. Serve immediately over a bed of rice and top with the basil pesto vinaigrette.
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Rachael Ray Nutrish and Better Homes and Gardens . All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking.