Persimmon Caprese Salad – get into it!
Am I totally overwhelming you with recipes? I hope not! I have so many fun fall recipes that I’m just bursting at the seams! And this one is insane. If I wrote this post 2 days ago I would have said this is literally insane, but my mom called and told me I had to strike the word literally from my vocabulary. It’s pretty much going to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
Anyways…. let’s get back to this Persimmon Caprese Salad.
I have a confession. I’ve become a total hoarder. Not in the usual sense, but in the sense that when I go to the farmers market I will buy an entire flat (that’s about 15 lbs) of persimmons in fear that I might run out during the week. Which means 2 things. 1: I’m getting my daily allotment of fruit without a problem. 2: I’ve been putting persimmons in EVERYTHING.
Cocktails, desserts, salsa, salads… you name it. I can’t be stopped.
The latest and greatest (in my opinion) was this Persimmon Caprese Salad. Swap out those summer tomatoes for some big chunks of persimmons and add a few toasted garlic croutons on top for good measure and you’re done. That’s it.
- 3 ripe fuyu persimmons, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 freshly made croutons
- 10 basil leaves
- balsamic creme for drizzling
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Arrange the persimmons and the fresh mozzarella on a serving dish.
- Evenly distribute the croutons and basil leaves around the dish.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper. And drizzle about 1 tablespoon of balsamic creme on top.
- Serve immediately.