Persimmon Caprese Salad – get into it!
I have a confession. I’ve become a total hoarder. Not in the usual sense, but in the sense that when I go to the farmers market I will buy an entire flat (that’s about 15 lbs) of persimmons in fear that I might run out during the week. Which means 2 things. 1: I’m getting my daily allotment of fruit without a problem. 2: I’ve been putting persimmons in EVERYTHING.
Cocktails, desserts, salsa, salads… you name it. I can’t be stopped.
My absolute favorite currently is this Persimmon Caprese Salad. Swap out those summer tomatoes for some big chunks of persimmons and add a few toasted garlic croutons on top for good measure and you’re done. That’s it. That’s all she wrote. Make it – you won’t be disappointed! And put it on your Thanksgiving menu while you’re at it – people will be obsessed.
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
- 4-5 ripe fuyu persimmons, cut into wedges
- 6 ounces fresh burrata, torn into pieces (or fresh mozzarella)
- 1 1/2 cup homemade croutons
- fresh basil leaves
- reduced balsamic for drizzling
- pomegranate seeds to garnish
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Arrange the persimmons and the fresh burrata on a serving dish.
- Evenly distribute the croutons and basil leaves around the dish. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. And drizzle about 1 tablespoon of reduced balsamic on top.
- Add pomegranate seeds for color and serve immediately
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!