Persimmon Caprese Salad – get into it!
I have a confession. I’ve become a total hoarder. Not in the usual sense, but in the sense that when I go to the farmers market I will buy an entire flat (that’s about 15 lbs) of persimmons in fear that I might run out during the week. Which means 2 things. 1: I’m getting my daily allotment of fruit without a problem. 2: I’ve been putting persimmons in EVERYTHING.
Cocktails, desserts, salsa, salads… you name it. I can’t be stopped.
My absolute favorite currently is this Persimmon Caprese Salad. Swap out those summer tomatoes for some big chunks of persimmons and add a few toasted garlic croutons on top for good measure and you’re done. That’s it. That’s all she wrote. Make it – you won’t be disappointed! And put it on your Thanksgiving menu while you’re at it – people will be obsessed.
- 4-5 ripe fuyu persimmons, cut into wedges
- 6 ounces fresh burrata, torn into pieces (or fresh mozzarella)
- 1 1/2 cup homemade croutons
- fresh basil leaves
- reduced balsamic for drizzling
- pomegranate seeds to garnish
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Arrange the persimmons and the fresh burrata on a serving dish.
- Evenly distribute the croutons and basil leaves around the dish. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. And drizzle about 1 tablespoon of reduced balsamic on top.
- Add pomegranate seeds for color and serve immediately
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!