There are 2 very important things we need to talk about today. The first is this Taco Pizza. But before we get into that, I have a serious confession…
We caved. We got HBO and started watching True Detective. We’re 2 episodes in and I’m hooked. (go figure. I know you’re all shocked as this is coming from the girl who polished off 3 seasons of game of thrones on iTunes on my last 2 trips) Here’s the real kicker… since Thomas actually wanted to watch the show with me… and because he obviously doesn’t trust me, he put a parental control on the TV so I can’t binge watch it while he’s out of town this weekend. WHAT. RUDE. I’m not even sure how to continue living. He just took things to a whole new level and I’m very confused on whether to be offended or laugh because he knows me too well.
Whatever, life goes on. And what he doesn’t know (I can watch it on my iPad without him finding out) won’t hurt him.
Whew. So glad I got that off my chest! Thanks for being there for me guys! Okay, let’s move on to this Taco Pizza.
Made on top of a store-bought piece of naan, these pizzas are going to rock your world. Make them immediately.
For the Tortilla Strips
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
For the Pizza
- 4 pieces store bought naan flatbread
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 2 cups shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema
- In a small skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add the tortilla strips in a single layer, frying quickly for about 30-45 seconds, flipping them once to ensure both sides get crisp. Remove the tortillas once crisp with a pair of tongs and transfer them to a paper towel lined plate to dry.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- On 2 a large baking sheets, arrange the naan flatbread on top of a piece of parchment paper. Spread equal amounts of the refried beans on top of each flatbread, followed by equal amounts of the shredded cheese. Place the baking sheets into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and top with equal amounts of the shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cilantro. Drizzle some of the Mexican crema on top and sprinkle with the crisp tortilla strips.
- Serve immediately alongside your favorite salsa.
Tags: black bean pizza, easy taco pizza, easy taco pizza recipe, taco flatbread, taco pizza, taco pizza recipe