The month of July is super exciting for me!! Not only am I home after a month of traveling, but I get to play around in my kitchen with my all time favorite ingredient - avocado!!
So to kick things off this month, I'm sharing one of my all time favorite recipes for an Israeli Couscous Taco Salad. I make big batches of this taco salad all the time and leave it in my fridge for the flavors to marinate together over the course of a few days, and every time I'm hungry, I just serve myself a little portion and chop up fresh avocado to toss it. Pure perfection. And if you're in need of some more avocado inspiration - I've got you covered.
Israeli Couscous Taco Salad with California Avocados
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup black beans cooked and drained
- 2 ears corn kernels removed
- 4 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 California Avocados seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Israeli Couscous according to the package directions. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the red bell pepper, black beans, corn, scallions, cilantro, salsa and lime juice. Mix together.
- Add the Israeli Couscous and toss together. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust lime juice if needed.
- Before serving, add chopped avocado. (I recommend 1 avocado for every 2 servings.