I am fairly confident that you all know my obsession with guacamole by this point in time. I could, and would, eat it everyday for every meal and I am certain that I would never tire of this. I am always on the lookout for new ideas that involved my beloved guacamole and this past week my boyfriend suggested that I make Irish Nachos. I have no idea where he came up with this idea – but whoever inspired it is a genius. And I love them.
They are pretty much like regular nachos but so much better because instead of using chips, you use thin slices of potatoes and then pile on the other ingredients. They are down right delicious and a total crowd pleaser… not to mention extremely budget friendly.
You start with a big plate of thinly sliced roasted potatoes
Next, pile on some sauteed vegetables…
Then, layer on some sauteed meat. I used ground turkey but you really could use any kind of meat you prefer. It would be great with ground beef, chicken, lamb or even shredded beef, pork… whatever!! It’s all going to be delicious.
Add on a big handful of cheese and then stick it back into the oven to melt it over the nachos.
Once its out of the oven for the final time, add the salsa and of course some Guacamole and call it a meal!
Irish Nachos with Guacamole
- 3 large red skinned potatoes scrubbed and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a tart pan with a removable center, line the sliced potatoes in circles, making sure to cover as much as the bottom of the pan as possible. Season with salt, pepper, 1 tsp paprika and garlic salt and drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet drizzle olive oil to coat the pan and bring to medium high heat. Add the peppers and the onions and saute for 5 minutes. Transfer vegetable mixture on top of potatoes. Next add the ground turkey and remaining 1 tsp of paprika to the same skillet and saute until the turkey is fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the turkey mixture on top of the vegetables and then top with cheddar cheese.
- Put the pan back into the oven for 7 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Once removed from the oven, top with Guacamole and Salsa and serve immediately.