It’s almost Spring time and I for one, CANNOT WAIT. I’m patiently waiting for shorts and flip flops weather and in the meantime I’m eating this Spicy Chili Tuna Pasta with Arugula!
This Spicy Chili Tuna Pasta couldn't be easier and it’s packed with flavor. Angel hair pasta, tons of garlic, capers, red pepper flakes, Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil in Easy Open Cans, tomatoes, arugula… easy right?!? And most of those are things you probably already have in your pantry or fridge right this second.
I’m teaming up with Genova for the next few months to bring you some incredible recipes with my California girl spin. The Genova brand was introduce to me a few months ago and after crowd sourcing some of your favorite applications of tuna on snapchat I landed on this gorgeous pasta! Expect a California spin on a tuna melt, another quick and easy weeknight meal, and quite possibly the most gorgeous salad to ever grace my kitchen in the coming months. But until then, let’s pasta!
Both of the Genova varieties of tuna are packed in olive oil and reside in these super easy to open cans that you can pop open and add to just about anything - case in point, this pasta! It’s a delish and healthy recipe loaded with protein and the arugula and lemon give it that zip! The tuna is amazing, the pasta is amazing, the recipe is beyond and I know you guys will be adding this to your weekly rotation!
Spicy Chili Tuna Pasta with Arugula
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes plus more to taste
- 2 6- oz cans Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil in Easy Open Cans
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ pound baby arugula
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water before draining.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and capers. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 60 seconds, then add the tuna and stir to combine. Add a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to create a sauce, adding more as needed. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and the lemon zest and juice.
- Add the cooked pasta and cherry tomatoes. Toss well to combine. Add the arugula and continue tossing, allowing it to wilt, and seasoning with salt, pepper and additional red pepper flakes as needed. Serve immediately.