There are 2 very important things we need to talk about today. The first is this Taco Pizza. But before we get into that, I have a serious confession…
We caved. We got HBO and started watching True Detective. We’re 2 episodes in and I’m hooked. (go figure. I know you’re all shocked as this is coming from the girl who polished off 3 seasons of game of thrones on iTunes on my last 2 trips) Here’s the real kicker… since Thomas actually wanted to watch the show with me… and because he obviously doesn’t trust me, he put a parental control on the TV so I can’t binge watch it while he’s out of town this weekend. WHAT. RUDE. I’m not even sure how to continue living. He just took things to a whole new level and I’m very confused on whether to be offended or laugh because he knows me too well.
Whatever, life goes on. And what he doesn’t know (I can watch it on my iPad without him finding out) won’t hurt him.
Whew. So glad I got that off my chest! Thanks for being there for me guys! Okay, let’s move on to this Taco Pizza.
Made on top of a store-bought piece of naan, these pizzas are going to rock your world. Make them immediately.
For the Tortilla Strips
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small corn tortillas cut into thin strips
For the Pizza
- 4 pieces store bought naan flatbread
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 2 cups shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema
- In a small skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add the tortilla strips in a single layer, frying quickly for about 30-45 seconds, flipping them once to ensure both sides get crisp. Remove the tortillas once crisp with a pair of tongs and transfer them to a paper towel lined plate to dry.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- On 2 a large baking sheets, arrange the naan flatbread on top of a piece of parchment paper. Spread equal amounts of the refried beans on top of each flatbread, followed by equal amounts of the shredded cheese. Place the baking sheets into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and top with equal amounts of the shredded lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cilantro. Drizzle some of the Mexican crema on top and sprinkle with the crisp tortilla strips.
- Serve immediately alongside your favorite salsa.
Love taco pizza and topping it with fresh ingredients!
Hahahaha can I just say that that is hilarious Thomas put parental control on without telling you? Jason totally needs to do that for me ’cause when we were watching FNL, I blew through a season without him. Oops?! This pizza looks too yummy!!
Perfect for pizza night!
I would love taco pizza. This looks darn amazing.
These look like the perfect dinner for the’TV show catching up’ night!
Will have to add True Detective to my ever growing list! Looks like quite a few of these pizzas in my future!
I love taco pizza. It’s so freaking good. I’m hooked on The Walking Dead right now. I can’t even function. I just want to watch ALL the episodes.
Love taco pizza. Using Naan for crust is brilliant 🙂
What a great twist on a taco pizza!
True Detective is AMAZING! Plus if you have to watch it twice, you will catch something you missed the first time 😉 I am totally hooked too. Can’t wait for Sunday’s new episode!
Quick question – does anyone know what I could sub instead of refried beans that would hold everything together like the beans do? No one in our house will eat re fried beans or guacamole 🙁 pretty plain eaters lol!
you could use salsa instead of the beans for sure! Or you could use regular black beans.
This is a winner for sure!
That is the funniest thing ever Gaby!!! LOL- It’s cute- he wants to watch it with you 🙂 This pizza looks SO good!!!!
Easy dinner idea for those busy nights! Pinning!
Yum, I adore this! It would make an excellent lunch for moi when no one else is around!
This looks delicious and blends two of my boy’s favourite food groups 🙂
I wish I could lock him out of watching True Detective without me – last time we promised to watch a series together he totally binge watched the whole thing! Perhaps I can bribe him with taco pizza!
Taco pizza is one of my favorites – but I never ever make it. Because I’m uber lame. I never thought about makeingi t on naan! DUHHH!!!!
we have just had a big day out and i think a big pizza will top it off.. with maybe a couple of brews!!
UM that True Detective thing is tooo funny! Thomas!!!! And these things look SO up my alley!