So this past weekend I officially became the best neighbor ever, mostly because of this Baked Ravioli.
A bit of backstory first… because of What’s Gaby Cooking and the insane amount of recipes that come out of my kitchen on a daily basis, I’m ALWAYS giving away food to my neighbors and making my husband bring things into work. Always. Without fail, come Monday morning, Thomas has about 2 kinds of sweet treats to bring into the office and my neighbors are loaded up with goodies as well.
Well, recently, one of my neighbors had a baby! She’s as cute as a button and I already love her! Being the good neighbor that I am (obviously), I’ve been bringing them dinners here and there to help because I’m fairly certain they are sleep derived. I mean, if it were me, I’d want some hot meals on the table every once in a while!
The name of the game for this has been anything that they can freeze and then re-heat when they are ready for a home cooked meal. Most recently… Baked Ravioli! Made with frozen ravioli this dish is one serious comfort meal. Plus it’s easy to whip up since there really isn’t any crazy prep work involved. The frozen ravioli is cooked and then doused in a tomato Parmesan sauce and then baked with a heaping serving of fresh mozzarella on top. It really can’t be beat.
- 1 24-ounce package Celentano Cheese Stuffed Mini Ravioli
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese torn into small pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves cut into a chiffonade
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the frozen Celentano Cheese Stuffed Mini Ravioli just until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the marinara sauce and parmesan cheese. Add in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add in the cooked pasta and toss everything together to coat.
- Transfer the ravioli into the prepared baking dish. Scrape any remaining marinara sauce on top of the pasta and add the torn mozzarella cheese on top. Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with the basil and extra cheese if desired.