I’m approximately 2% Irish but I’m all about a themed holiday dessert and these Double Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Mint Bars for St. Patricks Day feels right.
Imagine your favorite childhood marshmallow treats but with Chocolate Chex cereal. Did you even know there was a Chocolate Chex cereal? I didn’t until a few years ago and honestly I feel like I was cheated out of my childhood. Also can you imagine adding this to our Christmas Crack recipe? GAME CHANGER.
These Double Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Mint Bars are at the base a marshmallow coated Chocolate Chex mix (there’s a little butter to smooth it all out too!) and then topped with dark chocolate chips, mint chips for that pop of green, more marshmallows and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt to bring all the flavors together. When I tell you that these are delicious, I’m not even remotely kidding. I made them a few times over the past weeks while recipe testing and doing that crucial marshmallow to Chex ratio research and served them at a number of dinner parties and they were total hits. Also side note - if you serve them slightly frozen (just let them chill in your freezer for 20 minutes) they are extra crispy and delicious. OMG.
It’s the ultimate St. Patricks day treat for any office parties or they are perfect to send to school with your kids for a themed party there! Or just make a batch and hoard them at home, no judgement from me!
Double Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Mint Chex Bars
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- 10 ounces Chocolate Chex Cereal
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mint chips
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows (reserving a handful for the top) and cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in the Chocolate Chex cereal until well coated.
- Fold in the reserved marshmallows, before transferring into a pan. Using a buttered spatula, press firmly into a greased 13x9. pan and sprinkle the chocolate and mint chips on top and the flaky sea salt. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
** This post is brought to you by Chex Cereal (which is legit the worlds best cereal and I’m willing to put it to a cereal taste test any day of the year!) All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**