I told you guys a few weeks ago I was having a corn moment... and I meant it! Today it's all about this Roasted Pepper and Corn Salad!
I know we're in this weird in-between moment in our social calendars. Some people have kids who are going back to school soon, some people are taking off for their end of summer vacations / house rentals, and some people are just trying to live their best lives and stretch out summer for as long as possible. So whichever camp you fall into, this Roasted Pepper and Corn Salad works. It's a great weeknight meal if you want to add some protein on top to feed a family. It's an incredible salad if you want it as a side dish at your next backyard bash. And if you're coming home from vacation in the near future... it's basically detox city!! I've thought of everything - you're welcome.
But bottom line is, I'm still not cooking inside. I've developed a serious addition to my grill and there's no chance of letting up anytime soon. I even made Thomas go buy 3 extra propane tanks in case we ever run out - could you even imagine. The tragedy. So fire up that grill and throw some bell peppers, corn and tomatoes on for a very yellow salad. Add some cilantro vinaigrette on top and that's all she wrote!
Like I said earlier - this would be great with chicken, beef or salmon on the side or on top!!
Roasted Pepper and Corn Salad
- ⅓ cup Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 3 ears of corn husked
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 4 ounces yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 endive leaves separated and halved if needed
- 2 cups baby arugula or mache
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare a grill for high heat. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, 6–8 minutes. Let cool; cut kernels off cobs and place in a large bowl.
- Transfer peppers onto the grill, turning occasionally, until blackened in spots and nearly cooked through, 10-ish minutes. Let cool; cut into 1" strips, retaining as much charred skin as possible; add to corn.
- Transfer tomatoes into a small grilling basket and put on grill for 3-5 minutes until just about to burst. Remove and let cool. Arrange everything on a large serving platter and gently toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
Genius use of summer's bounty. Who doesn't have a giant bouquet of Cilantro to use up and putting in blender/food processor with the leaves and all is brilliant. A big hit in our house. Thank you Gaby for the wonderful inspiration to eat healthfully.
This has all my favorite things in it!!! What a great summer salad.
It sounds wonderful and I can’t wait to try it, however, my husband and I are not cilantro fans. How would this salad taste with the lemon champagne vinaigrette from your Summer grilled chicken power salad? If you don’t think those would go together, what would you suggest in place of the cilantro vinaigrette?
We love your recipes and 9 times out of 10 they are all winners!!
Since it's winter, I can't get fresh corn on the cob at the moment but would like to make this for work lunches (no microwave at the office). Could I sauté/char some tinned or frozen corn kernels instead?
Hi. Do you have videos of you preparing your meals? Would be very helpful.
I have tons of videos on YouTube and IGTV
This looks like the most delicious salad EVER! I am in the camp of extending summer as long as possible!!