Want some Parmesan Cheddar Chive Biscuits on your table this Thanksgiving? I think so!
Look no further – this Biscuits recipe is a keeper! Not only are these light and fluffy but they are packed with not one, but 2 kinds of cheese. Um…. yes please. Throw in some fresh chives for a little pop of freshness and then call it a day! These are excellent on their own… or perhaps dipped in some gravy.
And if you’re lucky enough to have some leftover after the big feast, well, they make excellent turkey and cheese sandwiches. Just pop them in a toaster oven or microwave for a hot second and then cut the biscuit in two, wedge in some aged cheddar cheese and a few shreds of leftover turkey and you’ve got breakfast, lunch or dinner!
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and black pepper. Give it a quick stir. Add the cubed butter into the dry ingredients and using a fork, cut the butter into the flour until it resembles a crumbly texture.
- Add the cheddar, Parmesan and chives and stir it around.
- Add the buttermilk to the bowl and stir it together until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto lightly floured surface and, with floured hands, give it a quick knead.
- Pat the dough into a 1-inch thickness and cut out biscuits with a 2 1/2” cutter. Keep reshaping and cutting the dough until you have 9 biscuits.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat and place in the pre-heated oven and bake until puffed up and golden brown, around 15-18 minutes. Serve warm!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!