Want some Parmesan Cheddar Chive Biscuits biscuits on your table this Thanksgiving? Look no further – this recipe is a keeper! Not only are these light and fluffy but they are packed with not one, but 2 kinds of cheese. Um…. yes please. Throw in some fresh chives for a little pop of freshness and then call it a day! These are excellent on their own… or perhaps dipped in some gravy.
And if you’re lucky enough to have some leftover after the big feast, well, they make excellent turkey and cheese sandwiches. Just pop them in a toaster oven or microwave for a hot second and then cut the biscuit in two, wedge in some aged cheddar cheese and a few shreds of leftover turkey and you’ve got breakfast, lunch or dinner!
adapted from these life changing biscuits from over at Matt Bites
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, baking power, baking soda and black pepper. Give it a quick stir. Add the cubed butter into the dry ingredients and using a fork, cut the butter into the flour until it resembles a crumbly texture.
- Add the cheddar, Parmesan and chives and stir it around.
- Add the buttermilk to the bowl and stir it together until the dough comes together.
- Using your hands, tear off about 1/4 cup of dough at a time. Form it into drop biscuits and set it onto the parchment paper. Repeat this process with the remaining dough.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown. Let cool slightly and serve while still warm.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!