Can we talk about my love affair with Burrata cheese, because it’s intense! Given the opportunity, I could take down a pound or two in a matter of minutes. When it comes to self-control, it goes straight out the window when Burrata cheese is involved!
That’s why we’re celebrating today with Spring Pea Crostini with California Burrata!
We’re celebrating for multiple reasons! One, it’s been crazy gorgeous in California these past 2 weeks! Two, tax season is FINALLY behind us (well, it is within 24 hours). Ugh – no one likes that! And lastly, spring parties are starting to spring up (pun totally intended) every way you turn.
This Spring Pea Crostini with Burrata is most likely going to open your eyes to a whole new world of happiness. It’s layers of toasted bread, pea and mint pesto, California Burrata cheese and finely sliced prosciutto on top. I mean, I can’t even deal with how delicious this is!
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup fresh basil or mint
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup grated California Dry Jack cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- California Burrata cheese
- Thinly sliced prosciutto
- Toasted Crostini
- In a large food processor, combine the peas, basil or mint, garlic, California Dry Jack cheese, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Pulse for 30 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Slather a few tablespoons of the pea pesto on top of the crostini. Add a tablespoon or two of California Burrata cheese and then garnish with a piece of prosciutto.
- Serve immediately
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!