You know I’m down for any excuse to make guacamole and eat avocados- so naturally a Christmas Guacamole seemed like an appropriate thing to do!
Creamy avocados, tons of bright pomegranate seeds, cotija cheese, chives and some toasted pepitas seeds because why not! Serve it up with freshly fried tortilla chips that are doused in some salt and it’s the perfect easy way to kick off a dinner party. Or a party for 1 if your name is Gaby and you’ve been known to hose down 4 avocados in one sitting by yourself. NO JUDGEMENT PLEASE.
- 2-3 Hass avocados
- 1 Lime juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp toasted pepitas
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the avocado and lime juice and zest in a large bowl. Mash together with a fork until you have a half chunky half creamy consistency.
- Add in the pomegranate and pepitas and stir together with a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.