You know I’m down for any excuse to make guacamole and eat avocados- so naturally a Christmas Guacamole seemed like an appropriate thing to do!
Creamy avocados, tons of bright pomegranate seeds, cotija cheese, chives and some toasted pepitas seeds because why not! Serve it up with freshly fried tortilla chips that are doused in some salt and it’s the perfect easy way to kick off a dinner party. Or a party for 1 if your name is Gaby and you’ve been known to hose down 4 avocados in one sitting by yourself. NO JUDGEMENT PLEASE.
- 3-4 ripe avocados
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Combine the avocado and lime juice and zest in a large bowl. Mash together with a fork until you have a half chunky half creamy consistency.
- Add in the pomegranate seeds, pepitas, chives and cotija and stir together with a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!