Can we talk about BYOL. Bring your own lunch. It’s hands down the email I get most from readers and definitely the question I get most from my friends… what’s a fun/easy/healthy/transportable meal that I can take into the office for lunch. And the answer is: a Green Goddess Quinoa Bowl!
I’m talking something that’s going to last a few hours until lunch rolls around. Something that can be prepped ahead of time. Something that you can mix and match different different vegetables with… you get the idea. While there are plenty of lunch ideas here on WGC… I’m kicking off a new BYOL feature and it’s starting with this Green Goddess Quinoa Bowl!
BYOL(unches) are meals that you can prep on a Sunday, they’ll take you through most of the week, and only require a minute or two of assembly or chopping before your dash out the door and head to work. Because the last thing you want to do when you come home from a long day of work, is think about what to make for the next day. Ain’t nobody got time for that! Plus when are we going to kick back and watch The Voice?? Hello! So stay tuned for lots of BYOL features… and in the meantime… it’s all about a delicious Quinoa Bowl with a healthy/vegan Green Goddess Dressing!
- 2 cups red or white quinoa, cooked
- 2-3 radishes, sliced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper - fresh or jarred, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 green onions, sliced on a bias
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 recipe Green Goddess Dressing
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Divide the cooked quinoa into 2 bowls or tupperware containers.
- Top with the sliced radishes, sliced roasted peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, green onions and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Before eating, toss with about 1/4 cup of the green goddess dressing and enjoy.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!