A Pizookie, for those of you who haven’t yet gotten to enjoy the most important development in baking since birthday cake, is a giant cookie in the shape of a pizza. And after much testing (it’s a tough job, I know), we have arrived. And it’s perfect.
The What's Gaby Cooking Facebook group is one of my favorite places on the Internet. It's basically a group of humans who love nothing more than eating, cooking, and feeding people -- my kind of peeps! When I was originally concept-ing my 4th cookbook, Take it Easy, I asked the group, “What’s one dessert that you want but haven’t made before?” Well, this S'more Pizookie recipe from the book goes out to Lauren, who made the suggestion that spoke to my soul: a pizookie and s’mores mashup.
This recipe is a little sneak peak into my new cookbook Take It Easy coming your way IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS- 9/27!! I'm not technically allowed to share these with you but JUST DON'T TELL MY PUBLISHER! I thought since it was a WGC Friends recipe idea... it needed some lime light on the website. In the meantime, I'm linking all of the places to buy the book below as pre-orders are HUGELY important for authors. That said, I’d be eternally grateful if you snagged a copy or two or three today!! Can’t wait for you guys to see it in the wild!
Pre-order your copy here:
- Barnes and Noble
- Booktopia if you’re in Australia
- Book Depository for other international order
- Indigo for all of you in Canada
- Williams Sonoma
- and signed copies will be available from NowServing
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Homemade S'more Pizookie Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground graham cracker crumbs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and transfer it into an unheated bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and egg and continue to whisk until totally incorporated.
- Add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients and stir until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallows and stir to combine.
- Spray a medium-size skillet with baking spray. Transfer the batter into the skillet and spread it evenly. Bake for 22-24 minutes until just still slightly gooey in the middle and golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes before topping with scoops of ice cream and serving. It’s 100% meant to be eaten right out of the skillet.