Are you guys as into appetizers as I am? They are my most favorite part of any meal – and today we’re giving the traditional Caprese a spin. Meet this Hot Caprese Dip that you can enjoy with all the bread!
Caprese Salads are mandatory should I ever see them on a menu. There’s nothing I love more than fresh mozzarella with basil, tomatoes and some salt and pepper. It’s perfect and I intend to eat more than my fair share when I’m in Italy this summer. Chances are, I’ll probably just turn into a giant ball of mozzarella and to be honest, I’m 100% okay with that!
But for the days when a traditional Caprese won’t cut it – or you need to feed a crowd with a delicious and easy appetizer – why not turn it into some Hot Caprese Dip! It’s bubbly/melted cheese, pesto, cherry tomatoes and that’s basically it! You can serve it up with crostini, seedy crackers, or scoop it up with a fork and call it a day. I’ve used a store-bought pesto for this recipe to keep things simple, but you could easily use your favorite homemade recipe as well! Either way, I promise this snack is going to be the talk of the town once you serve it to your friends and family. Just make sure to make it right before you serve it – if it sits for too long it won’t be melty!
Hot Caprese Dip with TWISTOS Bruschetta Flavored Baked Snack Bites
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 8- ounce containers of fresh mozzarella cut into cubes
- 1/2- cup store bought or homemade basil pesto
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Crostini or Bread sticks or any kind of Cracker
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, add the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Drain the mozzarella from any water that it’s packaged with and add a layer of the mozzarella over the tomatoes. Drizzle the pesto over the top and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until very hot and bubbly. Serve IMMEDIATELY with all sorts of crostini and crackers