What's something that you can bring to a cookie swap, gift your neighbors and send to your extended family across the country? White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti obviously!
My grandparents are obsessed with biscotti! Each and every year they get a package from yours truly with a big fat bow on it and some White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti inside. It last them weeks and it's fun to sprinkle a little bit of Gaby on their day! That way I can send a little love even though I'm an entire country away in LA when they are in Florida!
This one is loaded with chocolate, dried cranberries and then MORE chocolate. It's the perfect thing to dip into your coffee every morning. And it's very much appropriate to send across the country. It ships really well. I just wrap each biscotti in a little paper towel and then pop them all into a zip top bag. Christmas gifts are handled!
White Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temp
- 2 teaspoon grated meyer lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips divided in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside. In a mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest and salt. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the cranberries and ½ of the white chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a 12-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Place the log on the cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into ¾-inch-thick slices. Arrange the biscotti on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti again, for 15 minutes, until they are golden brown. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Dip the bottom of the biscotti in the white chocolate and let chocolate cool and set.