Happy hump day! We’re keeping the Thanksgiving train rolling over here on WGC. Monday was those epic Roasted Garlic Potatoes, and today we’re making Stuffed Mushrooms with…. drumroll please…. Brie!!
Two of my favorite things about Thanksgiving (obviously they both are food related) are baked Brie and stuffed mushrooms. So one night, when I was dreaming about food (that’s a pretty frequent occurrence) I imagined these Brie Stuffed Mushrooms and topped with an herb breadcrumb mixture. Jackpot. I knew I had to make them and that’s exactly what happened.
The result was this perfectly roasted mushroom stuffed with a bit of gooey, melted brie, and topped with a 2 cheese bread crumb and thyme mixture. Life changing. I’m a cheese stuffed mushroom convert from here on out.
Throw these out as appetizers for just about any fall occasion and you’ll be a total rock star! Check it!
- 12 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 small wedge of Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stem. Place them bottom side up on a baking dish and drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Put about 1 tablespoon of brie into each of the mushroom cavities.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Fill the mushroom cavity with a small scoop of the bread crumb mixture.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and then cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve.
Tags: Brie Appetizers, Brie Stuffed Mushroom Recipe, Brie Stuffed Mushrooms, Mushroom Appetizers, Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe