You know those recipes that you just want to make every night for 2 weeks straight? This Cedar Plank Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes is one of them!
As you can see, I’ve been obsessed with tomatoes this week. I’ve also been mega obsessed with the latest season of Orphan Black. Ummmm #obsessed. But since Orphan Black kinda deserves it’s own blog, let’s get back to the main course and tomatoes. I mean, we had the Blistered Tomatoes on Monday and then a round-up of everything tomato yesterday… and today we’re putting it all together on top of some Salmon. Basically this week is a dedicated love affair with summer and salmon. I think I might have to go into hibernation when both are out of season because things just won’t be the same. But until then… onward!!
Cedar Plank Salmon is one of those super special meals that will taste like a billion bucks, but it really took almost no effort at all. I’ve recently been turned on to soaking your cedar plank in white wine (whaaaaaaat? genius) and it’s rocking my world. You can grab a cedar plank over on amazon if you don’t have one… and then go to town with this salmon because I know you’re going to LOVE it!
- 1 large cedar plank
- 2-3 cups white wine
- 1 whole salmon fillet, about 2 pounds, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Lemon Wedges
- Fresh basil and parsley to garnish
- 1 recipe Blistered Tomatoes and Herbs
- Soak the cedar plank in the white wine about 2-4 hours before grilling.
- Prepare your gas or charcoal grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees F.
- Lay the whole salmon filet on top of the cedar plank, making sure none of the salmon is hanging off. Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with brown sugar, salt and pepper. Place the cedar plank on the grill and cover the grill. Grill for about 12-15 minutes and check for doneness. The salmon is done when it's uniformly pink in the center.
- Using tongs or a large grill safe spatula, remove the cedar plank salmon and transfer to a flat surface to rest.
- Top with the blistered tomatoes, a few squeezed lemon wedges and torn basil and parsley and serve immediately.
Serves 4-6 people
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!