The month of July is super exciting for me!! Not only am I home after a month of traveling, but I get to play around in my kitchen with my all time favorite ingredient – avocado!!
So to kick things off this month, I’m sharing one of my all time favorite recipes for an Israeli Couscous Taco Salad. I make big batches of this taco salad all the time and leave it in my fridge for the flavors to marinate together over the course of a few days, and every time I’m hungry, I just serve myself a little portion and chop up fresh avocado to toss it. Pure perfection. And if you’re in need of some more avocado inspiration – I’ve got you covered.
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 California Avocados, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Israeli Couscous according to the package directions. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the red bell pepper, black beans, corn, scallions, cilantro, salsa and lime juice. Mix together.
- Add the Israeli Couscous and toss together. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust lime juice if needed.
- Before serving, add chopped avocado. (I recommend 1 avocado for every 2 servings.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!