I live for a majorly loaded salad moment! And today it’s all about this stunning Loaded Nicoise Salad!
The Nicoise Salad is, in my opinion, the French version of the Cobb. And after posting a billion Cobb recipes here on WGC, and having 4 of them coming in my new cookbook, I’m taking the French version for a spin. Traditionally it’s loaded with tuna, green beans and potatoes – but I lightened it up a bit and ditched the potatoes, replaced them with marinated tomatoes and tied it all together with a ton of fresh herbs and a really addictive vinaigrette that you’ll love. It’s another knife and fork salad recipe that I know you’ll enjoy!
This recipe itself is quite easy and packed with flavor. Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil in Easy Open Cans, some market lettuce, and then a bunch of stuff that’s probably sitting in your fridge right this very minute. It doesn’t take long to whip up, and to prove it… check out the video below!
As you know, I’m teaming up with Genova for the next few months to bring you some incredible recipes with my California girl spin. The Genova brand was introduce to me a few months ago and I’ve been obsessed ever since! You can use either yellowtail or albacore for this salad, both are delish and both are packed in olive oil and come in these super easy to open cans that you can pop open and add to just about anything – like this salad! It’s gorgeous, loaded with everything you need to make salad into a meal, and perfect for feeding a crowd!
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chives
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cup tomatoes, quartered
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 6-oz cans Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, Very Low Sodium in Easy Open Cans
- 1/3 lb Haricot Verts, blanched
- 4-5 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 5-6 cups market lettuce (Butter Lettuce, Little Gem)
- ½ cup black olives, pitted
- ½ cup castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 cup Breakfast Radishes, quartered
- Fresh Dill, chopped, for sprinkling over
- Fresh Chives, chopped, for sprinkling over
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Combine the tomatoes, red onion, oregano, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the market lettuce with piles of the tuna, blanched haricot verts, cucumbers, both kinds of olives, red bell pepper and breakfast radishes. Sprinkle with the fresh herb and serve with the vinaigrette.
** This post is brought to you by Genova Tuna. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!