With 19 more days until our wedding, I’ve resorted to super easy meals that I can pull together in basically no time flat. I’ve got things to do people! Some of which are fun like having multiple test days of my hair and picking a headpiece. Or going to pick out jewelry for the wedding. Or making fun favors for my guests. And some are not so fun, like walking around the house in my heels to break them in. Or attempting to complete the seating charts. (also. side note. I was way excited to do the seating chart when we got engaged. I thought it would be easy and fun and I’d be able to pull it off in 10 minutes flat. Well, here’s the deal. It’s basically the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. And therefore, it’s not fun.)
So needless to say, dinners have been pretty laid back and easy these last few days. Like super easy. This Marinated Tomato and Burrata Salad is pretty much my latest obsession. It requires a vinaigrette that I make weekly and just keep on hand, a boat load of cherry tomatoes and the best cheese on earth… Burrata.
I’ll eat this as a meal and be a happy camper. It’s the perfect summer salad, especially because you can find the most amazing and flavorful tomatoes at the farmers market these days. Like for reals, if you go to the farmers market for one thing, it’s gotta be the tomatoes. They are infinitely better and brighter!
So, without further ado, here’s the best salad on earth with my fav vinaigrette. With the best cheese ever created. And while you go enjoy that, I’m going to lock myself in my room and try to write my first draft of my vows. Somebody send wine. And a copy editor.
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, Minced
- 2 teaspoons Shallots, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
- ½ teaspoons Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ¼ cups Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz burrata cheese, cut into large bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor except the olive oil and whirl together for 1-2 minutes until everything is finely chopped. While the food processor is still running, stream in the olive oil until fully incorporated. Transfer the vinaigrette to a air tight container and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes and burrata cheese. Drizzle the tomatoes with 3-4 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Save the remaining vinaigrette for future use. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes and then serve at room temperature.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!