This Deconstructed Falafel Salad is loaded with all my favorite things from a Falafel Wrap! Chickpeas, Cucumbers, Radishes, Herbs, and a Lemon Vinaigrette to make it all shine!
Remember back in March when we talked about keeping a stocked pantry – feels like a lifetime ago right? Well, I’m still working my way through all the cans of chickpeas that I ordered from Thrive Market (there’s a code for $$$$ below!). I’ve made hummus, I’ve made Cheesy Skillet Chickpeas, I’ve done it all. Recently I was reminded of that incredible day in Paris when I basically taste tested by way through the Jewish quarter and ate ALL THE FALAFEL STUFFED PITAS. It’s clearly too hot these days to be firing up the fryer and making falafel, so I did the next best thing… I deconstructed all the flavors from said pita, and made it into a light and refreshing salad that requires almost no cooking!
We’re talking chickpeas, herbs, a bright lemon vin, feta, the WORKS. You could even add a tahini drizzle if you want to really seal the deal!
FYI: Just consider this your PSA for the day along with this recipe!! If you’re big on pantry cooking like me, Thrive Market is hands down one of the most time saving tools you could invest in. You can order all sorts of healthy pantry staples (plus meat, fish and more!) delivered directly to your door. AKA – you can skip the lines at the grocery store and spend more time with your fam and in the kitchen. I am OBSESSED. It’s basically a healthy version of Costco with your fav brands at discounted prices and I am so here for it! If you want to try it out, check it out and you’ll get $20 in shopping credit when you join Thrive Market!
So order some chickpeas, make this Falafel Salad, and let’s all pretend to be on vacation somewhere delicious!
Deconstructed Falafel Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to the package directions
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olives oil, plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved (make sure the pit is removed)
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves (more whole leave to garnish)
- 1/4 cup chopped dill (more whole leave to garnish)
- 4 ounces feta (the kind that comes in the brine) crumbled or cubed
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, remove to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sliced cucumbers to the quinoa along with the chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, and radishes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Fold in the mint and dill and taste, adding more lemon, vinegar, salt, or pepper if you feel the salad needs it. Scatter the feta over the top. Serve the salad topped with an extra drizzle of olive oil and Maldon salt.