Everything Hummus! It's my fav creamy Lemon and Garlic Hummus that packs a punch with some Everything seasoning sprinkled on top - truly the best snack !
There's no doubt in anyones mind that I love a hummus moment. I'll order it at any restaurant, I've made it every which way from the traditional variety, to a red pepper and artichoke flavored variation, a bright a vibrant beet hummus, a loaded hummus... I mean the list goes on and on and on and on! Obsessed would be an understatement.
Recently my hummus game has gone up a notch. 1 - because I've been sprinkling it with This is Everything which is changing lives left and right. And 2 - because my pita chips have really stepped up a notch with my new Gaby's Go To blend! Trust me - life is pretty freaking delicious and you need this in your life stat.
Let's talk the ins and outs of making this super creamy snack! Traditional hummus is light, creamy, smooth, lemony and can take on the flavor of whatever you want to mix in. It's a little nutty from the tahini - which is something you can't skimp on! This variety is sprinkled with my This Is Everything seasoning which you can snag at any Williams Sonoma store or online or make your own if you prefer.
For the Hummus
- 1 15- ounce can garbanzo beans drained and PEELED
- ½ cup tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice more as needed
- 2-3 small cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- Water as needed
- 1-2 tablespoons Gaby’s This is Everything Seasoning
For the Pita Chips:
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 teaspoons Gaby’s Go To Seasoning
- 3 5-inch pitas, sliced into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Hummus:
- In a food processor, add the drained and peeled garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt and blend until smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until the hummus is silky smooth with absolutely zero clumps.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, garlic or lemon if needed.
- To serve, drizzle it with a little olive oil, and sprinkle it with Gaby’s This is Everything. Serve it with pita wedges
For the Pita wedges
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine the salt and Gaby’s Go To powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with half of the olive oil and sprinkle with half of the salt mixture. Flip the wedges over and repeat with the remaining oil and salt mixture.
- Bake until the chips are golden brown and crispy, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the chips to a wire rack to cool. Can be served slightly warm or at room temperature.