Everything Hummus. It’s the wave of the future!
There’s no doubt in anyones mind that I love a hummus moment. I’ll order it at any restaurant, I’ve made it every which way from the traditional hummus, to a red pepper and artichoke hummus, a bright a vibrant beet hummus, a loaded hummus, a hummus bar…. I mean the list goes on and on and on and on! Obsessed would be an understatement.
Recently my hummus game has gone up a notch. 1 – because I’ve been sprinkling it with This is Everything which is changing lives left and right. And 2 – because my pita chips have really stepped up a notch with my new Gaby’s Go To blend! Trust me – life is pretty freaking delicious and you need this in your life stat.
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and PEELED
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, more as needed
- 2-3 small cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- Water as needed
- 1-2 tablespoons Gaby’s This is Everything Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 teaspoons Gaby’s Go To Seasoning
- 3 (5-inch) pitas, sliced into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor, add the drained and peeled garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt and blend until smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until the hummus is silky smooth with absolutely zero clumps.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, garlic or lemon if needed.
- To serve, drizzle it with a little olive oil, and sprinkle it with Gaby’s This is Everything. Serve it with pita wedges
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine the salt and Gaby’s Go To powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with half of the olive oil and sprinkle with half of the salt mixture. Flip the wedges over and repeat with the remaining oil and salt mixture.
- Bake until the chips are golden brown and crispy, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the chips to a wire rack to cool. Can be served slightly warm or at room temperature.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!