How beautiful is this Beet Hummus? It’s been rocking my world for the past few weeks and you guys are going to be equally as obsessed.
Thomas (my husband) has been out of town for the last few weeks for work and I’ve been living off hummus. It’s funny, when he’s not here, my meals are incredibly simple and I look for recipes that will make the least amount of dishes! Enter the All-Clad Prep&Cook. It’s been getting a daily workout since he has been traveling and I couldn’t be happier! If you missed the last post when I used it to make Double Chocolate Banana Bread, here is the deal… it’s basically every single kitchen appliance you could need in 1 device.
Brilliant. The All-Clad Prep&Cook is an all-in-one-appliance that revolutionizes cooking and replaces almost all of your kitchen gadgets. You can use it to make sauces, soups, simmered stews, steamed veggies, pastries, desserts and today HUMMUS. Naturally, I made put a spring spin on hummus because 1: the color makes me infinitely happy, and 2: I am always on the hunt to infuse new flavors into hummus and 3: I had some leftover beets from a salad and needed them to be put to good use.
Let’s get down to business shall we. So the Prep&Cook takes care of all the heavy lifting for you, it’s a cooking food processor. All the ingredients go into the mixing bowl, and in a matter of minutes you’ll have an eternally smooth beet hummus that goes perfectly with any assortment of crudite or crackers. You’re gonna need to get into this one STAT!
- 1 15- ounce can garbanzo beans drained
- 3-4 small roasted red beets peeled
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice more as needed
- 2-3 small cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- Water as needed
For the Crudite
- Radishes breakfast or easter
- Pea Pods
- Purple or Yellow Colorful Cauliflower
- Any other assorted vegetables that strike your fancy
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. If you want to get extra fancy, peel the exterior layer of the chickpea off and discard.
- Place all ingredients in the Prep&Cook bowl fitted with the ultrablade knife. Mix at speed 12 for 1 minute; scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix again at speed 12 for another 1-2 minutes. If it’s still super thick, add 1 teaspoon of water and continue to mix until smooth.
- If you don't have a Prep&Cook then continue as follows: In a food processor, blend the chickpeas by themselves for 1 minute until powdery clumps form.
- Scrape down the sides and blend again until everything is the same consistency.
- Add the beets, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt and blend until smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until you get very smooth, light and creamy mixture.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, garlic or lemon if needed.
- To serve, top it with all the toppings sprinkled over the top, drizzle with olive oil and serve with freshly baked pita chips
- To serve, drizzle it with a little olive oil, and serve with crudite or crackers or pita.